What we did
X-Men Days of Future Past advertising
Client: Virgin Trains
- Virgin Trains and 20th Century Fox wanted to mark their partnership by promoting the latest X-Men movie via an 11-car train wrap.
- The train needed to be wrapped perfectly in time for a high profile launch attended by the press, key stakeholders and A-list stars of the film Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy.
- Engineering had 3 key concerns; the wrap must be durable and rail safety compliant, it must be applied without service disruption, and must remove cleanly after 6 months.
- Using 3M™ MCS™ graphic materials, Stewart Signs specified a range of tough, rail-specific products with guaranteed performance in the harshest environments and full fire test compliance.
- The promotional film kept costs down, and could be removed cleanly without causing damage after 6 months.
- Stewart Signs’ planning team agreed a detailed schedule of work with Virgin Trains, designing the installation around normal train service, to deliver the finished train in time for the big event.
- After supporting the design process throughout, Stewart Signs manufactured the high-resolution printed wrap and supporting graphics to a tight launch deadline.
- Working over two days in Alstom’s Longsight depot, Stewart Signs Rail employed proven methods to protect the train bodywork, carefully removing the standard Virgin branding, before meticulously applying the