What we did
All change for the East Coast franchise
Client: Stagecoach Rail & Virgin Trains
- Rapid interim livery applied to 54 locomotives during launch week
- Surface preparation and refubishment prior to application – maximising finish and longevity
- Roll out of full wraps to 63 locomotives, 31 DVTs and 419 passenger carriages
- Exact colour matching to iconic Virgin red on highly resilient, warranted material
- The East Coast mainline re-franchise provided Virgin Trains and Stagecoach with the opportunity to install a fresh new livery to match their fresh approach to customer service.
- Virgin required complete discretion and commitment to project schedule for this topsecret, time-critical project.
- In-service rebrand executed simultaneously across UK sites to minimise impact on customers.
- Stewart Signs developed a real-time progress tracker to communicate the live rebrand status and provide peace of mind for the client.
- Vital body-side corrosion repairs, cosmetic repainting and full wrap liveries applied to 45 11-car trains within 7 months.
- Manufacture and application of enough material to cover 7 football pitches, all to Virgin’s exacting brand standards and incorporating Stewart Signs exclusive Signshine for ease of maintenance and graffiti removal.