What we did
Refurbish, rebrand, revitalise!
In 2014 one of the oldest rail fleets in the UK underwent a dramatic livery refresh. 59 Merseyrail trains recieved a complete new exterior livery wrap, as well as interior decor enhancements.
Train branding experts Stewart Signs Rail handled the entire refurbishment for Merseyrail, at their Birkenhead Depot, in a fully-managed, quick and easy, ‘one-stop’ programme, revitalising the entire
fleet of 3-car units at the rate of one per week.
- Merseyrail wanted an easy one-stop service they could trust to handle the whole job, including dilapidations, surface treatment, paint and livery application, within a quick weekly turnaround. They needed to be sure the graphics would stay vibrant for the decade, and come with graffiti protection.
- Our fully trained and supervised local Merseyside workforce firstly removed the existing graphics we had installed in 2003. The team then prepared and smoothed the train surfaces by sanding, filling and
painting the exteriors, prior to applying the new graphics.
- As well as looking great, the train wraps – made with durable 3M VHR rail approved materials, will help to prevent body corrosion.
- The 3M MCS graphic system means the graphics will last the course. For added protection, each panel is printed with our patented Signshine anti-graffiti coating helping to keep the livery clean and fresh.
- Stewart Signs Rail completed the work in-depot at the rate of one train per 5-day week, avoiding service disruptions.
- The finished livery is brand consistent across the fleet, is guaranteed to last, and has Signshine protection to keep it clean and fresh.
- A cost effective fleet refurbishment resulted in a stylish new look fleet, happy passengers and ultimately a happy client.
- The new look full colour ‘wrap’ livery will last until at least 2020 when the fleet is replaced. It depicts Merseyside attractions, showing how workers, students and leisure passengers can enjoy and make
the most of their journey.