What we did
Signage by Royal appointment
Client: UK Youth – Avon Tyrell House Wayfinding Rebrand
- UK Youth’s Avon Tyrell centre supports the outdoor learning and development of over 23,000 young people every year, many from deprived backgrounds or are living with a disability.
- The Grade I Calendar building requires modernisation and repair to meet its growing demand and site signage was a priority to communicate UK Youth’s new brand identity and updated facilities.
- Lead by UK Youth’s Patron HRH The Princess Royal and President Nigel Mansell CBE, the charity called for local communities and business leaders to support the centre’s achievements in helping young people from Hampshire, Wiltshire and beyond to build bright futures.
- After implementing UK Youth’s rebrand at their London HQ, Stewart Signs donated their products and services to the charity in support
- The design studio finalised artwork for production, managing consistency and layout, while the project team found a durable specification to ensure the signs last for years to come – whatever the weather.
- Manufacturing over 150 signs to rebrand the 65-acre site, Stewart Signs removed the pain and took care of surveys, preparatory work and planning permissions in the process.
- The new brand identity and re-strategised wayfinding systems were installed in time for a special visit where HRH The Princess Royal, Nigel and representatives of Stewart Signs were given the opportunity to meet and hear from young people who have participated in outdoor learning programmes at Avon Tyrrell.