What we did
LLA in-service fleet rebrand
Client: London Luton Airport
With more competition than most, London Luton has to stand out against London’s other airports. For the most extensive overhaul of their 80-year history, they embarked on a £110m redevelopment, including an entirely retooled visual identity.
For them, that meant a vibrant new look across every bus, van, fuel tanker and fire engine. For our team, it presented an operational puzzle; how to apply stunning vehicle liveries when round-the-clock airport operations leave little room for downtime?
- London Luton Airport (LLA) wanted to implement a stronger brand identity across its diverse fleet of service vehicles.
- With the site in operation 24/7, they needed a dedicated livery specialist to manage the in-service fleet rebrand safely and securely within a busy airport environment.
- Impact on vehicle operations had to be kept to a minimum.
- Stewart Signs conducted an initial premises survey at LLA to identify suitable fitting locations, removing the need for vehicles to leave the site.
- A full fleet survey and in-house design support ensured each livery visual would be accurately interpreted. Creating a crisp, colour-matched uniform finish across varying vehicle types and base colours.
- Cost-effective project planning saw vehicles completed in tranches, adapting the schedule to cover last-minute vehicle callouts or availability.
- Operating on a weekday working window to eliminate run-ons and out-of-hours premiums
- Successfully rebranding over 90 vehicles in 4 weeks, the completed project contributed to the biggest brand transformation in the airport’s 80-year history.